A Draft Program is now available for download:
Download Final PDF Program [PDF 262KB updated 2 August 2015]
Proposed conference outline:
Pre conference tour: A 4 day/3 night tour has been organised. This includes visits to national parks to view the local flora, scenic highlights of Western Australia, wildflower farms and plant nurseries, and wineries. This tour is an extra cost in addition to the conference registration fee. View details
- Day 1 Thursday August 20, 2015: Registration, evening welcome reception
- Day 2 Friday August 21, 2015: Conference – combined plenary session followed by 2 concurrent sessions for rest of the day, one focussed on Proteaceae, the other on new ornamental crops.
Evening: Business meeting of the IPA.
- Day 3 Saturday August 22, 2015: Conference – combined plenary session followed by 2 concurrent sessions for rest of the day, one focussed on Proteaceae, the other on new ornamental crops.
Evening: Conference dinner.
- Day 4 Sunday August 23, 2015: Technical tour Perth region – we will visit commercial wildflower farms and plant nurseries and a leading wildflower exporter, viewing the local flora along the way. View details
- Day 5 Monday August 24, 2015: Technical tour Kings Park & Botanic Garden. Guided tours of the Park including a look ‘behind the scenes’ at the nursery and research facilities. View details
A Trade Show and Poster displays will be held on days 2 and 3.
Propagation including application of new technologies
Crop management – including canopy management, nutrition, irrigation, pests and diseases including new ones like myrtle rust, IPDM
Postharvest management and quality
New crop development and new varieties – genetics, breeding, selection, commercialisation
Marketing and market trends
State of the industry